There are quite a few things in the works. I realize all I have done so far is upload old comedy sketches, which gives readers (if any) a somewhat outdated and inaccurate view of both of current writing style and my ambitions.
So here’s what’s coming:
1) “Let it all burn down,” The Nightbirds music video. I conceived and directed this video for Eagle Rock band The Nightbirds. We shot in late March on the Red One camera, and it’s done except for the final effects. I should be able to post something in the next few weeks. We’ll be submitting to festivals that take music videos, and my ultimate dream goal is to have it shown at SXSW in Austin next Spring,.
2) Untitled Short Film that takes place in a meadow. I have an outline and will be writing a script soon. I plan to shoot as low budget as possible with my Nikon D90.
3) Director’s reel. I want to cut together the best of everything I’ve done and use it to hopefully get representation and investors for future projects.
4) “The Modern Unicorn’s Guide to Love and Magic” feature film script. Probably about 70-80% done. This is a feature version of the short I made a few years back. I’d like to shoot it in the next year or so with a budget around $80-100k. I need investors, obviously. You can see clips from the short under the “film” category.
5) Original blog content. I want to post some new and ongoing stuff that reflects where I am as a writer and filmmaker right now. I am proud of my comedy sketches and shows but they are at least 4 years old and that’s not really where I want to go with my career necessarily.
For those who don’t know me, I work a dayjob, at least forty hours a week, in addition to all this. My goal is to do as much as I can as soon as I can, while keeping my sanity and still enjoying my life a little bit.